Five guilty pleasures I can't get enough of right now.
1. Chanel's fall 2008 couture collection. Longtime readers of this blog will know that I've become a very fervent fan of Chanel since my trip to NYC. I've been ogling the photos from the Fall 2008 couture show on Style.com over and over, sighing over how lovely everything is. Unlike Christian Lacroix, where "more is more" was the guiding aesthetic of the show, Karl Lagerfeld balanced luxuriousness with tailored restraint. Take a look at the outfit and the detail shots while you're perusing the show photos. My favourite piece? This hoodie evening gown trimmed with gray camellias. So lovely.
2. Asian yoghurt drinks. I've been hooked on these for the last week or so ever since my mom picked up a couple packs from the T&T supermarket. Yum!
3. Cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits. I've always thought Triscuits are a bit bland, but I tried these out at a friend's house, liked them, bought some for myself, and now I can't stop eating them. They're the perfect snack indulgence because at approximately 20 calories apiece, they pack a salty/peppery/garlic punch and are about as fattening as cardboard (but soooo much more delicious). And did I mention they're whole-grain too? Munch away with no regrets and wash it down with a yoghurt drink.
4. Giraffe scissors. These would look so cute on my work desk next to the Starbucks bearista bears, the bunnies, the beanie dogs, and the paper clip holder that looks like a cross between an egg and a baby chick. (Yes, I was and still am one of those Asian girls in love with Hello Kitty.)
5. Katy Perry's style in the video for "I Kissed A Girl." Girly-glam and oh so retro, Perry's feminine style makes for excellent eye candy. Just check out the red crop top, high-waisted shorts, and espadrilles on her album cover! If you haven't already seen it, trust me, the fashion in the video is even better.