5 things I'm loving or lusting after right now.
1. Island Farms Vanilla Plus Yogurt. Mirror mirror on the wall, who makes the creamiest, most delectable yogurt of them all? That would have to be Island Farms. Their Vanilla Plus yogurts are just as satisfying as a big bowl of ice cream but so much more nutritious (hello, calcium). I keep large containers of this stuff in the communal fridge at work for my 3pm snack.
2. Mavi Jeans. Dear Mavi: First off, thank you for making no-nonsense dark-wash skinny jeans (the Lindy) which fit me perfectly. You don't know what an ordeal it is to find jeans that flatter a flat butt. And then, on top of that, you offer free hemming service, with jeans available for pick-up in 1-2 business days! Your staff even encouraged me to take my jeans home and wash them first before bringing them back for hemming. I think I'm in love.
3. Kimchi. As odd as this sounds, lately I find myself curling up on the couch with a book or a movie, a huge bowl of kimchi, and a fork in hand. It's such a fantastic snack because of how much salty/spicy/sour flavour it packs, and at 30 calories a serving, completely guilt-free.
4. Vera Wang Princess perfume. I don't care about celebrity endorsements, fancy ad campaigns, or marketing mumble-jumble about how a fragrance represents some archetypal female figure (although I am a huge sucker for a pretty bottle!). I just want a perfume that smells good on me without being overpowering, and Vera Wang Princess is exactly that. I got a little trial-size roll-on with my Holiday Shopathon goodie bag and tried it out, and I think I may have found a runner-up to my favourite, Chanel Chance.
5. London Drugs aloe vera lotion. A huge 600 ml pump bottle of lotion that'll last me through the winter for less than $5. A light-feeling, non-greasy yet effective formula that absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my skin or leave me with red bumps. An ingredients list that boasts glycerin, aloe vera and cucumber extract, sunflower and soybean oils, milk proteins, and collagen. It's a store-brand lotion, yes, but talk about bang for the buck!