Click image to enlarge.
I have fond memories of my prom and grad, and not just because they were major coming-of-age events in a high schooler's life (yadda yadda yadda...cue the cliches) or because of what I wore (a slim empire-waist lavender gown). No, my best memories of both events are of the fun I had and the two acts of bravery I committed. (I won't go into too much detail here, but if you're truly curious you can email me and I'll tell you the details offline. :P)
So when Macky of Style Dump tagged me to come up with my dream prom and grad, how could I say no to this trip down memory lane combined with flights of fancy? In the words of Macky, "Since it's prom and grad season this time of the year, let's relive (for us oldies!) our own grad in a Vogue manner. Let's pretend we're kids of the Upper East Side, able to afford anything we could possibly want (I tag anyone interested!). Post your dream grad dress, a dress you'll wear to your date's own grad, your hair and makeup, and your dream grad date. Go Go Go!"
- Hair: Sleek bouffant ponytail with sideswept bangs. Minimal fussiness.
- Makeup: Natural and glowing. Ditto on the fussiness.
- Accessories: Whimsical elephant studs to go with the cocktail dress; statement teardrop earrings to go with the jersey gown; comfy heels I can dance in; a bold bracelet (no corsages, thank you); a sleek clutch.
- Dresses: Calvin Klein ruched matte jersey gown (for my date's grad) and Zac Posen 'Trickle' halter dress (for my grad)
- Dream date: Diego Luna obviously!
What was your grad like? What are your best and worst memories of prom and grad?