1. Sephora Cuticle Care Pen. This product is an absolute godsend for the dry, brittle nails I have as a result of constant nail polish wear. If I'm planning to redo my nails on any given day, I'll remove the polish immediately when I get home, then paint a layer of cuticle oil on my cuticles and nails for an ultra-moisturizing treatment. The click-and-paint brush applicator makes applying the perfect amount of oil on each nail a cinch, eliminating waste and mess. An hour or two later and my nails look healthy and hydrated once again.
2. Ceci Korean magazine. For me, Asian fashion magazines are fascinating because they seem so accessible yet foreign and exotic. I can pick one up and flip through the pages and see faces, models, and bodies (kind of, sort of) like mine. However, I can't read a word of it (well, I can read the Chinese ones if I have a dictionary in hand and a lot of time) and the products, celebrities, and fashion are quite different. My new favourite Asian fashion glossy to flip through is Ceci Korean. I borrowed the summer issue from the library, which was so big it made the September issue of Vogue look like a lightweight. Page after page of pretty hairstyles, beauty products with high SPFs, adorable outfits--yay! The only thing I wasn't so crazy about was the 20-odd pages of plastic surgery ads at the back of the issue, but then again, I've heard eye and nose jobs are pretty prevalent in Asia these days.
Image from celeble.com
3. New birthday handbags. Remember when I was drooling over the Coach 'Sabrina' satchel and the Chanel camellia-embossed lambskin wallet clutch in this post? Well, I'm getting them for my champagne birthday, which is coming up at the end of this week (turning 25 on the 25th!). I already bought the 'Sabrina' in gray as an early present of sorts and have been using and loving it the past month. The clutch is coming soon hopefully.
4. Francis fall 2009 collection. Truly these are clothes that can put a smile on a girl's face! You can see the entire fall collection on Francis's Facebook fan page here. It was so difficult to narrow down my choice to 1 or 2 pieces, but in the end I went with the mixed menswear skirt and sleeveless argyle applique dress. According to the folks at the Francis studio, my order is set to ship sometime this week, so here's hoping it gets to me before or on Friday. I love this feeling of anticipating a special birthday parcel in the mail. :)
5. Greg Laswell. I've been listening to him on repeat since an acquaintance tweeted a link to one of his songs, "Days Go On." Click the player below and have a listen. Enjoy!