Last week, I posted a list of my top 10 bargain beauty buys. Today it's time for a list of my top 10 splurges. Most of these are products that have become daily staples or, in the case of the skincare items, they're products that multi-task and address a variety of concerns. Enjoy!
1. NARS Orgasm blush ($26 US). Hailed by makeup artists and beauty editors as a universally flattering blush, NARS always creates a perfectly natural-looking flush and is one of my daily staples.
2. Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact ($48 Cdn). Although I don't own this lipstick, lately I've been ogling it and trying to rationalize purchasing it one day, if only for the sheer genius of the packaging design. The lipstick lid opens into a mirror. Imagine what a joy it would be to apply and how chic you'd feel using it. Brilliant!
3. Mary Kay TimeWise Night Solution ($51 Cdn). I hate sounding like an infomercial testimonial, but this product turned my skin around. Before I started using it, I experienced periodic breakouts and woke up ashen-faced and haggard after sleepless nights. This serum clarifies, moisturizes, and nourishes skin as you slumber. Now no matter how many hours of sleep I got the night before, my skin looks pretty darn near perfect. This product is worth every penny. Update: My Mary Kay consultant, Angela Dean, has stepped forward and kindly offered Solo Lisa readers 10% off the TimeWise Night Solution from now until May 31, 2010. Just go to her web page and contact her directly. If you'd like to try this serum for yourself, now is the perfect time to do it!
4. Make Up For Ever Glossy Full Couleur lip gloss ($35 US for the set). These lip gloss formulas are probably the most pigmented ones I've ever tried. Against the naturally dark rose hue of my lips, the red and fuchsia ones provide just enough colour to make them pop, while the coral one is wearable for day and pairs well with a dramatic eye.
5. Hourglass Superficial Lash ($34 Cdn). Putting aside how the price tag makes me cringe, this mascara truly is one of my Holy Grail mascaras. It lengthens, volumizes, and actually nourishes lashes. I actually saw a difference in the length and thickness of my lashes sans mascara.
6. NARS Concealer ($25 Cdn). I was a devoted user of Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick until I discovered that NARS concealer in 'Custard' better matched my skin tone. If you have trouble finding concealer to match your complexion, I highly recommend this line.
7. Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 ($21.50 Cdn). Suitable for all skin types, this tinted sun block provides SPF protection while evening out skin tones and absorbing oil. Check, check, and check.
8. Sugarcane Skincare Renewal Omega 3 Eye Serum ($36 Cdn). I was sent a full-size bottle of this eye serum from creator Melissa Joaquin as a review sample and I haven't stopped using it since. Like the Mary Kay solution, this serum does it all: moisturizes, brightens, addresses wrinkles and puffiness. Don't let the price tag deter you as the bottle is HUGE!
9. Mary Kay eye primer ($18 Cdn). With a dab of eye primer, even inexpensive shadows last longer, are less likely to crease, and appear more vivid when applied. I initially bought this product because I wore a lot of coloured shadows and didn't want them to smudge or migrate and have been very pleased with it. Update: Angela's 10% off offer applies to the eye primer too. Go to her web page and contact her directly and tell her Solo Lisa sent you.
10. Benefit High Beam ($30 Cdn). Blend this luminescent complexion enhancer on your cheekbones or on your collarbones, or use it as an eyeshadow. A little goes a long way, and I love how the precise brush tip makes application goof-proof for even the most makeup-challenged. I haven't bought this product yet, but like the Guerlain lipstick, it's one I often ogle.
What are the must-have splurges in your beauty and skincare regimen?