Hopefully everyone is still enjoying their holidays! After several days of gorging on big dinners and a day trip to Seattle, I'm starting to get used to this whole vacation thing. If you're unlucky enough to be working on the days between Christmas and New Year, here's another round-up of links to make the work day go faster.
Local entrepreneur Christie Lohr founded Style Nine to Five, a job search website targeted specifically towards jobs in all areas of the fashion industry. Check out my interview with her.
It was a dream come true to interview shoe design legend Stuart Weitzman not once, but twice. Similarly, meeting fashion luminaries such as Jeanne Beker, Jason Wu and FLARE editor-in-chief Lisa Tant was delightful.
Other highlights: a milestone Obakki fashion show in a historic church, Banana Republic media previews for pretty summer dresses and elegant Mad Men-inspired pieces, the Thomas Sabo and Eileen Fisher grand openings.
In local fashion news:
- Dace celebrated 10 years
- the inaugural Style Salons discussion took place at the Shangri-la Hotel
- one of my favourite shoe stores, Rowan Sky, moved from Yaletown to Gastown
- Jane-of-all-trades makeup artist, hairstylist, and personal style consultant Nadia Albano opened her own studio
- fashion PR agency The Honey Mustard rebranded itself as The Fashion Capsule and moved into new digs
I wax poetic about some of my fashion obsessions:
- a Prada-inspired Zara top
- classic trench coats
- bib necklaces
- Wayfarer and cat-eye shades
- small cross-body bags (plus, advice on what to stash in one)
- chunky chain jewelry
- blue lace
- leopard print
- cute rain boots
- sparkly costume jewelry for the holiday season
And last but certainly not least, I had an article published in FLARE this year! That was a tremendous achievement.
Happy New Year, lovely readers! See you in 2012.