Ever mindful of my New Year's resolution to "buy less, but buy better," I'm limiting my spring shopping wishlist to six items that will mix well with what I already have and refresh staid basics with a welcome dose of colour. That's not to say I might not be tempted by an inexpensive statement necklace or a very good sale, but at this point I'll be more than happy with the pieces I've chosen above.
- Banana Republic gold button cardigan jacket ($110). Clearly I haven't gotten over my orange cardigan's untimely demise in a laundry accident last year, because now I'm craving a replacement. I like the luxe gold buttons and jacket-like style of this one.
- Kate Spade 'Bow Bridge Kennedy' bag ($445). I've already waxed poetic about all the reasons why I love this bag.
- Zara white sequinned collar ($29.90). The perfect trendy update for high-neckline dresses and crewneck sweaters.
- J. Crew no. 2 pencil skirt in double serge cotton ($134). I'm seriously considering a brightly hued cotton version of the wool pencil skirt I bought in December.
- Zara accordion pleat skirt ($79.90). Finally jumping on the pleated maxi skirt bandwagon with this gray number.
- J. Crew 'Bennett' chino ($91.90). I love the trend of brightly coloured jeans and skinny trousers this season, but the super-clingy denim legging-like fabrications used in a lot of them aren't very flattering on thick legs. Hopefully these ones are fitted without being too stretchy.
What's on your shopping list this spring?