5 things (in no particular order):
1. I'm finally trying out large-format photos for outfit posts. What do you think, yay or nay?
2. The lovely blue ikat frock you see here is not only my first ikat print ever, it's also the first item I've owned from Mark's. Who knew that such an adorable summer dress could come from a chain known for utilitarian work garments? As with all the styles in their new CURVE-TECH line of dresses, this dress has a built-in bra. Not a flimsy piece of cloth with an elasticized bottom, mind you, but a fully molded, lightly padded underwire bra. Think of how convenient that is! No worrying about finding the right bra to wear under a strappy sun dress or peekaboo straps sliding off your shoulders. After having worn it twice (and receiving lots of compliments!), I can say that it's comfy, fits well, and goes through the washing machine just fine.
3. I got promoted at work and went from being a technical writer to being documentation lead. (I kind of hinted at it in my last outfit post when I said my workload has increased.) So far it hasn't been dramatically different other than more meetings and more work, but hey, it's a new challenge and I welcome it.
4. After dragging the boy to Moonrise Kingdom last Friday and showing him The Fantastic Mr. Fox on Sunday, I may have inadvertently made a Wes Anderson fan out of him.
5. On the condo front, our TV has finally arrived, but we don't have a place to put it yet because our media stand is back-ordered. This means no watching the Olympics from home. Sigh.