Looking for a pair of beach-friendly shoes that can go in the sand and get a little wet? Flip-flops would work, but if you crave something more stylish, jelly or plastic shoes might be a better alternative. Yes, they're kind of like the ones you used to wear when you were little. But the grown-up versions mimic the sleek styling of street shoes, which means you can wear them with a swimsuit and denim cutoffs on the beach, or with a colourful maxi dress and cat-eye shades on a patio. Other pluses: these shoes are washable, come in a variety of fun styles, and are available at lots of price points. Win-win.
1. Mel contrast sandals ($39)
3. Old Navy hyacinth jelly sandals ($12.94)
4. SWIMS loafer ($149-179)
5. Native Shoes 'Verona' ($50)
6. Mel 'Macadamia' sandals ($42)
7. Mel 'Fresh Flower' peep-toe flats ($42)