This season of all seasons, I think, it's all too easy to focus on the external, whether it's the warm coats, boots, and sweaters that make up our outermost layers, or the holiday parties and events that take us away from the quiet comfort of nights at home.
But to stay sane as daylight hours get shorter and schedules get busier, it's worthwhile to pay attention to the internal too. No matter what sort of coat, sweater, or holiday dress we wear, the right underpinnings make all the difference. Meanwhile, cozy staples make unwinding at home infinitely sweeter. Here, a round-up of red-and-white finds that celebrate the life internal.
1. La Vie En Rose gingerbread flannel PJs ($19.95). Few things say "winter" like a fresh pair of flannel PJs, especially ones with gingerbread men (and women!) on them.
2. La Vie En Rose dreamy long fur collar robe ($69.95). A cozy robe makes those morning trips from the warmth of the bed to the chill of—well, everywhere else in the condo—a little more tolerable. This one is on my wishlist this year.
3. Victoria's Secret cotton lingerie bikini panty ($8.50 each or 5/$26). Cotton briefs are a great basic to have, especially when they come in season-appropriate prints and colours.
4. Old Navy moccasin slippers ($15). If you're a constant sufferer of cold feet like me, these are just the thing for keeping them cozy while padding around cold hardwood floors.
5. Stella McCartney 'Tammy Tickling' balconnet bra ($80 at Dianes Lingerie). Featuring vegan materials and recycled-metal components, Stella McCartney's bras are just as luxurious as they are eco-friendly. You'll want to show off their pretty details (like bow-tie lace, ruched straps, and hammered gold links) under a sheer blouse.
7. Fortnight 'Mira' slip ($165 at LYNNsteven). If a girl must don shapewear under her holiday dress, it should be as pretty and comfortable as one of designer Christina Remenyi's slips. Love the wine-coloured lace.
8. Old Navy marled striped socks ($6.94). Because snuggling on the couch with a throw, a glass of wine, a movie, and warm socks is my idea of heaven on a weeknight.
9. Fortnight 'Vega' long line bra ($120 at LYNNsteven). One year after being introduced to Canadian lingerie label Fortnight and three bras later, I'm still hooked. They come in a variety of sizes and are so comfortable—the perfect wireless yet supportive style to wear under soft, thick sweaters.