I like looking groomed and put together without being overdone, and summer is no exception. If anything, my beauty routine becomes even simpler during the warmer months. My entire daily routine has dwindled to six essential products. (Longtime readers will recognize some of these items from previous posts!)
1. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($34 at Project Skin MD; previously featured here). This tinted, non-greasy fluid evens skin tone, goes on light, and provides broad spectrum protection with its blend of mineral sunscreens. I use it in lieu of BB cream or foundation.
2. Lise Watier Portfolio Professional Correctors ($31 at London Drugs). With such a sheer base on my face, it's important to conceal and correct any flaws. I've been turning to Lise Watier's round palette of concealers for every imperfection, from undereye circles and broken capillaries to darkness and the occasional blemish. It's amazing what a dab of green can do to camouflage a pimple!
3. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer ($40; previously featured here). After evening out my skin, I sweep a bit of bronzer along the sides of my face and under my jawline for subtle definition. This one adds depth with next to no shimmer.
4. Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator ($16.99 at London Drugs). Like bronzer, highlighter is a new-to-me product category I've only just started exploring this summer. Revlon's is pretty and not too shimmery, and blends easily into cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and under brows.
5. Givenchy Mister Eyebrow Fixing Pencil ($26 at Sephora; previously featured here). Groomed brows go a long way in an otherwise minimalist makeup look. I brush mine into place and draw on top of them with this clear pencil using short, feathery strokes.
6. Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($9.99 at London Drugs). I've tried my share of mascaras at all price points, with any number of formulations and special applicators. Cover Girl LashBlast is still one of the best in my opinion: a clump-free, smudge-free volumizing formula that stays put all day but comes off with cleanser and warm water. It's the one I inevitably turn to when I sample a mascara that disappoints, and it's one of the few I trust to do its job under the summer sun.