They say March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb, but here on the West coast, things are already starting to feel resolutely spring-like. The cherry blossoms and magnolia trees are blooming, there's been plenty of sunshine and blue sky, and best of all it doesn't get dark until past 7pm. It's enough to make me crave all things light colours and easy-to-wear, which is why I can't get enough of these 6 items recently.
2. I've been favouring more delicate pendant necklaces these days over statement ones, and local label Lisbeth Jewelry makes some beautiful ones for layering. The 'Lucy' ($76)—three different-shaped gold and rose gold charms on a feather-light chain—adds effortless visual interest to a navy tee or sweater.
3. The Karen Walker Harvest sunglasses ($280) I scooped up last spring are still my go-to shades. The oversize frames are super-flattering and they happen to fit an Asian nose with no bridge to speak of quite well.
4. I've had a small pale blue Roots crossbody bag for years now that I reach for whenever the weather warms up because it adds a little pastel hit of colour to an otherwise neutral ensemble and makes outfits feel spring-y. The Jessie Bag Prince ($148) is very similar in colour and design.
5. Bootlegger was kind enough to send me the Kismet 'Sparrow' jacket ($59.50) last month and I've been wearing it non-stop since. Think your typical army jacket, but drapier and very lightweight. I've been donning it in lieu of a cardigan or hoodie indoors; when the weather warms up though, it'll be a brilliant layer over anything white lace or eyelet. Olive green is classic and versatile, but wouldn't the pink version look great with Breton stripes and boyfriend jeans?
6. You might've spotted these Camper Isadora oxfords ($165) on my Instagram recently. I love that they're tri-coloured with that triangular patch of white pony hair on the vamp, and they dress up the most casual of denim-centric outfits, which is good because denim seems to be all I want to wear lately.