Is there anything more ideal than a little white dress in the spring and summer? It's fresh and effortless, a complete outfit in and of itself. I've been stocking up on my LWDs at the Gap, and in my opinion they're the best ones at the mass retailer level. Here's why.
1. The cuts are modern and minimalist, not to mention loose and flattering and forgiving enough to be comfortable in summer heat.
2. The necklines and armholes are high enough to make these work-appropriate.
3. The styles (tie-waist, fit and flare, eyelet shift, shirtdress) are minimalist perfection with a tote, big shades, and strappy sandals. Other ideas for what to wear with them: a little neon bag, ballet flats, a cropped denim jacket, a Panama hat, layered gold jewelry.
4. They're machine-washable, which will really help cut down on those dry-cleaning bills as you sweat out the warmer months.
5. They're lined, lightweight cotton so they're breathable, but not so thin that they're see-through. (As long as you wear nude underwear, you're fine.)
6. The level of detail (tie waists, buttons, pockets, eyelet and tonal stripe fabrics) belies the humble price tag.
7. Gap is always having sales, so chances are your LWD will be quite the bargain.
Are you a fan of LWDs for summer?