Can you believe July is already coming to an end? Like June's, this month's edition of InstaBeauty is all about summer beauty. Think new lippies, glowing skin, travel-friendly essentials and a few new spritzes (and not always of the fragrance kind). Ready for a closer look? More after the jump!
1. Yesterday was International Lipstick Day, and surely even the most stringent of budgets has room for a drugstore delight like Cover Girl Colourlicious Lipstick ($8.99 at London Drugs). The shea butter-infused formula has plenty of slip and colour payoff with the slightest sheen.
2. Sheer, hydrating, and hot pink: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($26) and Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment ($22) in 'Tulip' are wearable day or night, year-round. And that scrumptious signature Fresh scent!
3. Perfect for wedding season: light, fresh, floral-inspired fragrances! A spritz of Givenchy Very Irresistible Limited Edition ($98) or FlowerbyKenzo L'Eau Originelle ($79) should set the mood. And I'm not usually one for keeping perfume boxes, but the peony-patterned Givenchy one is far too pretty to toss.
4. Unexpected wedding season essential: Zoe Organics Insect Repellent ($25) will keep you from getting eaten alive during outdoor ceremonies, photo sessions and receptions, plus the organic formula is safe for infants. It seems to be more effective against some insects (mosquitoes) than others (no see ums, which I'm apparently very, very allergic to). Available at LYNNsteven.
5. If all these colour correctors and concealers weren't in the same NYX Color Correcting Concealer palette ($13.99 at London Drugs), truth be told I'd be pretty lazy about the whole thing. Yellow counteracts dark undereye circles; green combats ruddiness and red blemishes; purple balances out sallowness; and the rest of the shades can be used to sculpt, highlight, contour, or blend the perfect shade for your skin tone. This palette was part of my bridesmaid look and I found it creamy, blendable, and easy to apply and use.
6. Whether you're looking for a set of quality travel-sized toiletries, or an adorable send-off gift for a bride, the Burt's Bees Honeymoon Suite ($14.99) is where it's at. This gift set—which contains lip balm, hand salve, cleanser, lotion, and foot cream—was created in collaboration with Fairmont Hotels, and 100% of the proceeds go to Pollinator Partnerships Canada to help save the diminishing bee population.
8. I love a moisturizing sheer lip colour with a hint of shine for year-round wear. Evidently many ILIA Beauty fans feel the same way because these formerly limited edition shades are now joining the permanent collection. Available at BeautyMark. Which one is your fave?
9. I haven't had a chance to try out these new L'Oreal True Match Lumi illuminators yet, but I lovelovelove the rose gold packaging.
10. If you've been showering multiple times a day to get through the heat wave like I have, a gentle moisturizing body wash like OLAY Sensitive (
$5.99 on sale for $2.99 at London Drugs) is essential. Each bottle contains one jar of moisturizer inside and the formula produces a rich lather with a "clean soap" smell. Definitely recommend.
For more InstaBeauty (and, ahem, other posts), check out my Instagram!