Bigger, better, more glamour, more prettiness: Every year, beauty brands outdo themselves during the holiday season coming up with new temptations for the pocketbook. It was tough narrowing it down to 9 gift sets, but the ones you see here represent the tried-and-true—plus an irresistible, new-to-me makeup label.
1. LUSH's It's Christmas gift set ($199.95) contains a whopping 24 bath goodies—bubble bars, soaps, bath bombs, you name it—all divinely scented and in a pre-wrapped box.
2. Natural beauty buffs will appreciate the Tata Harper Natural Glow From Head To Toe gift set ($136 at BeautyMark), which contains a full-size Smoothing Body Scrub (previously reviewed here) and Rejuvenating Hand Cream among other products.
3. The Fresh Mask Must Haves set ($80) lets you elevate your #SundaySkincare game and multi-mask to your heart's content.
4. Nail polish aficionados will adore Butter London 12 Months of Manis gift set ($78 at BeautyMark). Their formula has come a long way since the days when I complained about it being chip-prone; it now lasts 5+ days chip-free with a good base and top coat.
5. Beautiful colours and textures, luxe rose gold packaging: celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury's eponymous makeup line will thrill any makeup lover. Her complete-look-in-one sets are based on different personas ranging from The Ingenue to The Rock Chick; gifting someone the perfect makeup is as easy as matching her personal style to the closest persona. Apparently my look is The Sophisticate ($323.75), shown here. I'll be taking my kit for a test drive at the boy's holiday party this weekend.
6. I'm hooked on Crabtree & Evelyn hand lotions for their lush textures and invigorating scents. This set of 6 mini tubes ($56.30) contains one of my favourites: Avocado, Olive and Basil. It's a fresh, clean scent that even the boy likes.
7. The AERIN Beauty Brush Essentials 2 set ($187.49) features the basic brushes you'll reach for most often, all in the most lovely pink and gold finish. Perfect for displaying on a vanity or for travel.
8. I've been a huge fan of Philosophy for a while, and this Philosophy 'cleanse, refine, renew' kit ($95.01) contains two of my all-time favourites—Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 cleanser (previously reviewed here) and Microdelivery Peel (previously featured here)—as well as the much-loved Renewed Hope In A Jar. You really can't go wrong with this skincare set.
9. Who can resist a box from Dior? Use the brow pencil, Dior Lip Glow, and Dior Nail Glow in the Dior Backstage Pros Gift Set ($180) to achieve a no-makeup makeup look, or in conjunction with the other products as the basis of a more glam face.
Okay, admit it: Which set are you coveting for yourself? *wink, wink*
Shop the gift guide