This season, I'm obsessed with the idea of adding a pair of low wedges to my shoe collection. The two pairs I used to own wore out ages ago. I've been waiting to replace them ever since, biding my time while the gladiator sandal (yuck), the flip-flop (gross), and the platform sandal (too va-va-voom for the office) had their day in the summer sun. Now, low wedges are back with a vengeance: colourful suede or patent leathers, metallics, neutral styles with lots of texture, espadrille soles.
I love the fact that these are truly 24/7 summer shoes. Casual enough for weekend brunch, polished enough to pair with circle skirts or cropped trousers for the office. A little dressier than a flat sandal for a low-key date night, more comfy than heels or high wedges for balmy evening strolls. No wonder I wore out my old pairs! And with the alluring styles available at the moment, I'll probably run the danger of doing it again. Better buy two pairs, just in case.
2. Madewell ankle strap mini wedge ($94.50)
3. Loeffler Randall 'Alana' twist wedge sandal ($400.30)
4. J. Crew 'Lillian' suede low wedges ($206)
5. Coclico 'Karmina' wedge sandals ($389.62)
6. Loeffler Randall 'Amelie' sandal ($375)
7. Luxury Rebel 'Cutie' demi wedge sandals ($149.45)
Are you a fan of low wedges?
P.S. Don't forget to enter my Shu Uemura giveaway!