First, lovely Tea of Everyday Sugar gave me the Honest Scrap award. Thanks Tea!
The rules are as follows:
- I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.
- I must list 10 honest things about myself.
- I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
- I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links.
- I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.
- I can't drive. I've halfheartedly considered learning since high school but I always find other things I'd rather be doing (extracurriculars, dance, writing, part-time jobs, etc.).
- Like Tea, I'm not a morning person.
- When I was a kid, my dream job changed from year to year--teacher, astronomer, Egyptologist, cartoonist, and novelist.
- Looking back, the only one of those careers I would still consider is Egyptologist.
- I like re-reading my old Archie comics sometimes, especially the retro '60s Betty and Veronica and Katy Keene stories for the outfits.
- I go through anti-social spells where I'd rather be alone and in a quiet, contemplative state than be with other people.
- Shoes are stacked on my bookcase alongside my books, old magazines, CDs, and DVDs.
- The last book I read was a young adult novel called Emily Goldberg Learns to Salsa. And yes, I picked it up because it had "salsa" in the title.
- One of my favourite procrastination activities is reading the Globe and Mail online.
- Quirkiest compliment I've received lately: A guy friend described me as "Tina Fey sexy cool."
- (Into) the Fray
- Black Patent Stilettos
- Clothes Line Finds
- Oh Lady E
- Saturday Jane's Last Semester
- The Starving Stylist
- Each blogger must post these rules.
- Each blogger must list ten random facts/habits about themselves and pass the award on to other recipients.
- The award recipients then need to do the same.
- Don't forget to leave a comment telling the recipients about the award!
And now, another list of 10 things about me:
- My love of Latin pop culture was actually a result of my Diego Luna crush. After becoming completely obsessed with him, I started looking up other films he was in and films his co-stars did. Then I began researching the soundtracks' artists and listening to their music. It spiralled out of control from there.
- Music playing on my iPod as I made my way to work this morning: Pitbull, the Eagles, Plastilina Mosh.
- I don't mind being really busy as long as I have one or two evenings a week to putter around at home.
- I use 2-in-1 shampoo to cut down on showering time.
- Poorly designed compartments on handbags are dealbreakers for me no matter how cute the handbag may be. I don't like having to dig for things at the bottom of my purse!
- Current food fixation: pineapple buns from Chinese bakeries.
- I spent a summer living in a town of 12,000 people up north and giving tours at the local museum.
- I don't shave my legs for months at a time, if ever. What little hair there is on my calves is barely noticeable, especially after a summer tan starts to develop.
- I'm 5'3" but my younger brother is 6' tall. The tall gene definitely skipped me.
- Every night before I go to bed, I pour myself a glass of water and put it on my night stand just in case I wake up later and get thirsty.
Lastly, Sweety P Style Files gave me the "Your Blog is Fabulous!" award. Thanks Sweety P!