I'll admit, I was thinking of the boy when I put together this gift guide. But if the man you're shopping for is anything like my guy, you can't go wrong with cozy and stylish additions to his closet, a gadget or two and, of course, food.
- Banana Republic black wool top coat ($263.50). This single-breasted style slims and flatters. It's a classic topper he'll want to wear year after year.
- Coach House shortbread ($11.95 a roll; available at One of a Kind). I have yet to meet a guy who'll say no to food. A roll of shortbread cookies makes a great inexpensive gift for guy friends.
- Converse All Star Leather Slim ($75). Upgrade his standby sneakers to a sleek new pair.
- Banana Republic striped edge scarf ($55). Add some colour and warmth to his winter ensembles.
- Tretorn 'Strala' ($79 at Rowan Sky). These low-profile ankle-length rubber rain boots will keep him warm and dry in rain, slush and snow.
- iPad 2 ($520 and up). It's an iPad. Enough said.
- Crown Shaving Co. shaving cream ($26 at BeautyMark). This luxe shaving cream contains spearmint, eucalyptus and shea butter among a slew of other natural ingredients. It's perfect for an invigorating shave experience.
- A home-cooked dinner. If you're a dunce in the kitchen, Michael Ruhlman's roast chicken recipe is super easy and tasty.
- Herschel Supply 'Novel' weekender bag ($79). Make his business trips and quick getaways a cinch with a bag for all his essentials. It even has a separate zip compartment for his shoes.
- Gap mariner stripe crewneck sweater ($49.95). You can't go wrong with stripes.
- Panasonic Lumix G3 ($728 at Dunne & Rundle). I'm probably biased because I love my Lumix G3, but the boy--who researched my camera and works with it when taking my outfit photos--likes it too. It has the same functionality as an entry-level SLR but in a smaller micro four-thirds format.
What are you getting the men in your life for Christmas?