Remember when I said that life was more than a little crazy in this post and that sartorial creativity had given way to a uniform of sailor stripes, jeans and ballet flats? Well, my beauty routine has succumbed to the same spirit of laziness in the past few weeks.
My "wash makeup brushes once a week" regimen has slipped with work, the homebuying stuff, and other priorities competing for my attention. Not wanting to apply makeup with dirty brushes, I've settled for using makeup that requires no brushes at all. Clean hands and a freshly washed face seem like a better alternative than a soiled brush.
So far the "no brush" regime seems to be working. (The only one I use is the brow brush for a more groomed look.) By washing my face and hands before I do my makeup, and by sticking to products that are meant to be smudged or applied with fingers, I've avoided blemishes and the hassle of brush-washing. Bonus: this whole routine takes less than 5 minutes.
The products in the routine:
- Geisha Ink liquid eyeliner in brown ($30 at Noir Lash Lounge)
- NARS concealer in 'Custard' ($25 at Sephora)
- Shu Uemura lash curler
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Length mascara in 'Very Black'
- Joe Fresh brow and lash brush
- ILIA Multi-Stick ($34, available at BeautyMark and Kiss & Makeup)
- SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($39, available at select retailers across Canada)
Would you ever go brush-free?