Perhaps it's my crazier-than-normal workload, the flurry of social events, or the threat of snow looming in the weather forecast, but lately I've been more of a homebody than ever. After all, there's something special about the warm, cozy feeling that comes from curling up at home after a long day and relaxing with a hot cup of tea. If you're anything like me, these treats will make life at home even sweeter--so much sweeter, in fact, you might be tempted to say "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." P.S. If you haven't finished your Christmas shopping yet, they make great gifts for others too.
1. The Sleep Shirt ($210) is a luxe alternative to froufrou nightgowns and pajama pants that ride up and wind about your legs at night. Designer Alexandra Suhner Isenberg was inspired to create her one-size-fits-all design after finding (and getting hooked on) a vintage nightshirt from London's Spitalfields market.
2. This silver JULMYS tree ($9.99 from IKEA) is an elegant nod to the season without going overboard in the decor department. I put mine on my dining table and arranged red ornaments, white porcelain birds, and candles in glass votive holders around it to form a centrepiece.
3. The Altuzarra for Target tray ($79.99) has countless uses around the home. Corral loose items or pieces of costume jewelry on your dresser. Fill it with white pillar candles and vases of red-and-white mums for a seasonal coffee table accent. Place small platters of olives, cheese, and good bread in it for guests to snack on.
4. I've been hooked on Voluspa Goji Tarocco Orange scented candles ($24), which fill our cozy little condo with the most intoxicating orange fragrance.
5. On my wishlist this year (and the boy already knows this): a pair of slippers that will keep my feet toasty against cold hardwood floors, like these Granted knitted slippers ($57, available at LYNNsteven).
6. The Central Park West 'McCarren' sweater wrap feels like a more pulled-together, socially acceptable version of a bathrobe. In other words, it's ideal for those days when "effortless chic" is literally, uh, effortless. I found mine on sale at LYNNsteven, but if your size is gone, Revolve Clothing has it too.
7. Oprah says 8/10 women wear the wrong bra size; therefore, it must be true. Luckily, FORTNIGHT Lingerie designer Christina Remenyi not only makes the prettiest vintage-inspired underthings, she makes finding the perfect fit a breeze with her wide range of sizes (cups A to F, band sizes 32 to 38). Ladies who loathe underwire and foam will rejoice: FORTNIGHT has a wide selection of comfy soft-cup styles ideal for lounging around in and wearing out. Available at LYNNsteven.
8. and 9. When the weather outside is frightful, doing my nails while watching Love Actually sounds delightful. My polish picks BUTTER London 'La Moss' ($17) and Essie 'Stylenomics' ($10) pay homage to this season's trendy colours, burgundy and hunter green, while keeping manicures Yuletide-appropriate. Available at BeautyMark.