Instead of exchanging gifts and sending flowers, the boy and I are keeping things simple this Valentine's Day and merely going out for a special dinner. But if we were to get each other presents, these ones would be at the top of my list.
1. Okay, I know I already have a colourful, bow-adorned Kate Spade satchel that can be worn as a crossbody bag and carried by the handles. But that doesn't do anything to lessen my desire for the Kate Spade 'Bow Terrace Bradshaw' bag ($498). A magnetic closure at the top allows for easy access, while zippered compartments and plenty of pockets make organizing contents a cinch.
2. The Brave Leather 'Aine' cuff ($60) is pretty and occasion-appropriate, reminding me of Chanel's signature chain-strap bags.
3. I've been yearning for a bar cart for some time now. The Kate Spade two of a kind his and hers DOF glasses ($50) would be ideal starters for that bar cart's glassware collection.
4. Not only is the Kate Spade USB ring ($50) adorable, think of all the practical joke fun I can have telling people he bought me a ring for Valentine's Day! I'm smirking just thinking about it.
5. I've been hooked on vintage-inspired bras by Toronto-based Fortnight Lingerie ever since being introduced to them last winter. No foam and no underwire make for a very comfortable bra--so comfortable, in fact, I've fallen asleep in mine sometimes. A new one such as the 'Mira' longline in red ($110, available at LYNNsteven) would be a welcome addition to my underwear drawer.
6. A girl can never have too many statement necklaces. The J. Crew beaded rose necklace ($156), with its many-petaled blossoms and punchy coral hue, is definitely a scene-stealer.
What are you wishing for this Valentine's Day? Any special plans in the works?