My valiant resolution to stick to a monthly clothing allowance and not resort to shopping as therapy crumbled after about 1.5 months. That was when I realized: 1) Not shopping wasn't doing anything to address the underlying reasons for the stress I felt, and 2) the miserly amount I set meant I couldn't buy the better quality pieces I really wanted without blowing my arbitrarily set budget, thus making me more miserable.
So, I'm back to shopping as I please! (Within reasonable limit, of course.) And this season, I've got my eye on a few things to round out my wardrobe. Some are variations on basics, like a silk blouse in a new colour and stud earrings. Others--like tuxedo trousers, peplums, and a pair of beyond basic black suede pumps--will infuse more casual pieces with a sense of sophistication.
2. Gorjana gold plated stud earrings ($42.29)
3. Madewell silk 'Sheffield' shirt ($74.99)
4. Pour La Victoire 'Chantel' pump ($267.30)
5. Tuleste Market tulip stud earrings ($68.72)
6. Babaton 'Cody' blouse ($110 at Aritzia)
What's on your spring shopping list?