Hello, summer! Now that Vancouver is in the throes of a full-on heat wave, it's time for a back-to-basics approach to hot-weather beauty. Here, 6 finds that make the dog days of summer a little more pretty.
1. Makeup remover wipes—what did girls ever do without them, seriously?! They're great for refreshing a complexion after a sweat-filled workout or a summer party and in between showers. All this explains why I've been going through the new Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in cucumber and sage rather quickly. Although they sting a little around the eyes, they're 99.1% natural and smell incredible, and remove dirt, oil, and makeup in one easy step.
2. To celebrate 10 years of beauty, Givenchy has been reintroducing me to some of their all-time cult classics. Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder ($57) and Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer ($42) couldn't have crossed my beauty desk at a better time. The former is an ultra-fine bronzing powder with buildable coverage and the coolest embossed woven texture; the latter is a velvety transparent primer that illuminates and mattifies while minimizing pores.
3. Love gel manis but hate what a nuisance they are to remove? I spotted these KOCOSTAR Gel Nail Remover nail wraps ($5) during a recent pit stop at BeautyMark. They're a convenient and affordable alternative to in-salon gel mani removals.
4. It took a while for Dior Top Coat Tie Dye ($29) to grow on me, but now I adore how it can be used alone or on top of other nail colours for an ombre nail art effect. I recently wore it solo, daubing a bit of it on the nail tips and then doing an all-over coat for a dip-dyed pink mani.
5. Quality formulas and unabashedly feminine, pretty packaging make Paul & Joe (now available at Shoppers Drug Mart) a beauty standout. I've really loved playing with the samples that have crossed my beauty desk: a blue-and-pink ultra-fine colour powder that counteracts sallowness and a creamy, double-sided lip colour pencil (so good for travel!).
For more InstaBeauty (and, ahem, other posts), check out my Instagram!