Judging from this holiday guide full of gilt-y pleasures, I've come a long way from being a recovering gold-phobe! Whether you're looking to entertain or gift in style, these picks are sure to put the Midas touch in your festive season.
1. AERIN Ikat Jasmine fragrance ($125 at Holt Renfrew). Ikat Jasmine—a unique floral comprised of jasmine, honeysuckle, tuberose, and sandalwood—is the first fragrance that the boy has noticed and complimented me on while I was wearing it, and that in itself is a huge recommendation. I love the distinctive, non-cloying scent and white-agate-topped bottle.
2. Coach small turnlock plaque bracelet ($128). Whether you're into arm parties or the simple sophistication of a single bangle, you can't go wrong with gold.
3. Bodum French press ($59.99 at The Bay). Adds a touch of glam to a morning coffee ritual.
4. DIOR Diorific Lipstick ($40 at The Bay). A chic accoutrement with any holiday clutch.
5. TOPSHOP Sequin Cutout Mini Dress ($120). All-over sequins and art-deco-inspired back cutouts combine in a scene-stealer of a dress.
6. Maison Birks pearl ring in rose gold ($550). The only rose gold pick in this round-up! I had to include it because the design is so delicate, feminine, and downright pretty.
7. Deborah Lippmann 'Boom Boom Pow' ($24 at Murale). Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes are some of the best around. Layer this one over your favourite shade for a holiday-appropriate spin.
8. West Elm gold flatware serving set ($49). I've been wanting new serving utensils and these rank at the top of my wishlist.
10. Ferrero Rocher 6-piece chocolates ($4.99 at London Drugs). Pop one of these wee boxes of chocolate-y, hazelnut-filled delight into stockings or on place settings at your Christmas dinner party. Or set the larger 18-piece box on a coffee table along with a bowl of Mandarin oranges, and watch them disappear!
11. Rifle Paper Co. gold stripes iPhone 5 Case ($34 at Chapters Indigo). An irresistible, golden twist on a beloved pattern.
12. Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger 'Lynn' earrings ($2,750). These luxe earrings straddle the line between classic diamond studs and statement bijoux.
13. Bubbly gold champagne flutes ($25 at Chapters Indigo). I just bought these on the weekend as an addition to our bar-cart-in-the-making, but I'm already looking forward to toasting 2014 with them.
14. Anthropologie gilt bouquet skirt ($99.95). Heavy, luxe-feeling brocade lace, a flattering knee-length on petite gals, and A-line silhouette. WANT.