Longtime readers of this blog know that I'm a homebody at heart, and now that I'm in my thirties those tendencies are even more pronounced. (My husband jokes I grow roots on the couch.) A choice Netflix binge (Gilmore Girls on Friday!) and a few creature comforts are all I need to settle in for a perfect evening at home, and when it comes to shopping for said creature comforts, Indigo is where it's at. Indigo holiday previews are one of my most anticipated press events of the year, and not just because they're always beautifully done and full of gift-giving inspiration—they're also full of ideas for making your home the coziest and most welcoming version of itself, just in time for the holidays. This year I spotted plenty of Canadiana-inspired, cabin-chic finds that would fit right in with our living room.
1. This cable-knit pom pom pillow cover ($39.20) adds whimsy and cozy texture to any couch's throw pillow situation.
2. Every year I stock up on Frasier Fir Poured Tin Candles ($24.50) for the condo or as gifts; their evergreen scent can't be beat, especially if like me you have an artificial tree and crave that Christmas tree tree smell! They come in decorative containers and votives too, but the tins provide the best value if you're just interested in getting maximum candle for your buck.
3. and 5. I still love the pillow covers we got this summer, but if I were shopping for new ones I'd seriously contemplate black-and-white plaid covers this big square one ($34.50) and this small rectangular one ($34.50).
4. The Zoltan table lamp ($129.50) is part sculpture, part lighting fixture, and a totally on-trend nod to bare bulbs with interesting shapes and filaments.
6. How cute are these Mine & Yours mugs ($34.50)? Such a great gift idea for newlyweds.
7. On dreary, rainy days when the prospect of leaving our warm condo for a morning coffee run makes me go "I can't even," I reach for our Bodum French press ($75); ours is plain black rather than a fancy copper-toned version, but it makes such a good cup of coffee I drink it black instead of adding cream and sugar.
8. This buffalo plaid throw ($49.50) gives me all the cozy vibes.
9. A luxe-looking snow globe ($49.50) in white and gold goes with any holiday decor.
10. My other candle vice this time of year is Voluspa Goji & Tarocco Orange ($28.05); the heady citrus aroma is weighty enough to complement colder temps.
11. When Hubs and I crave a drink stronger than cocoa or herbal tea in the evenings, we reach for scotch from the bar cart and a fancy glass, like these Expressions mixed lowball glasses ($29.62).
Shop the post