Every year my budget gift guide is far and away the most popular of them all, which just goes to show a thoughtful, stylish gift doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. This year's cutoff is a bit higher to allow for some lovely finds with a slightly higher price tag. Read on for more details on the picks above and loads of other under $20 gift ideas!
1. At this time of year, there's no such thing as too many moisturizers, oils, and balms, especially if the hydrating product in question is as delightful as Lovefresh Pink Grapefruit & Tangerine Hand & Body Lotion ($20). The feminine black-and-white packaging blends in with any home decor scheme, while citrus notes invigorate the senses in the dead of winter.
2. Polka dots, stripes, and metallic accents make for a winning combo in these Gap cozy crew socks ($20).
3. A rose gold leather passport case ($15.50) will score bonus points with the stylish jet-setter in your life.
4. No matter how many fancy lip balms I try, Burt's Bees is one of the brands I keep returning to for their no-nonsense, all-natural formulas. The Burt's Bees 4-Piece Beeswax Bounty Assorted Mix Holiday Gift Set ($12.99 at London Drugs) combines classic flavours—peppermint, vanilla bean, pomegranate, mango—that old and new fans will appreciate.
5. This pink-and-gold pomegranate ornament (
$18.00 on sale for $10.80) is even prettier in person.
6. and 10. As an avid scented candle burner, I will never say no to extra-long matches ($16), particularly when they come in a display-worthy jar. And although I wouldn't buy a fancy gold wick trimmer ($15) when scissors do the job just fine, I certainly wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me as a gift!
7. A "Work hard and do great things" mug ($14) seems like the perfect gift for a coworker or a girlboss-in-the-making.
8. A grey swan pouch ($16) corrals small items in big purses with style.
9. Gold bows and a bit of sparkle equal a pair of earrings ($14) you'll want to wear every day this holiday season.
11. The Face Shop Holiday Mask Set ($20) bundles together a selection of the K-beauty purveyor's most popular sheet masks; break up a box for stocking stuffers or gift the entire set.
12. For someone who works in tech, I'm surprisingly analog when it comes to notetaking (pen and paper FTW). This jotter peel & stick memo pad ($12.95) looks great sitting on a desk and has blank sections to keep notes organized.
13. Framed photos of special moments are always a hit as far as holiday gifts go, especially when the frame is as stylish as the Umbra prisma photo frame in copper ($15).
14. A beautiful desktop calendar like the Rifle Paper Co. 2017 Herb Garden Calendar ($20) is as practical as it is pretty.
15. I never appreciated how practical a booklight (
$10.95 on sale for $7.50) could be until I moved in with Hubs and discovered that, with different sleep cycles and sharing the same bed, sometimes leaving the bedside lamp on to read isn't the greatest idea. This is one item I keep meaning to pick up and forgetting!
16. Hubs and I are both big fans of sleep masks; this navy J. Crew Zzz mask ($20, 40% off with code MONDAY) comes in its own pouch and is stylishly unisex.
17. No comment on the lucky token keychain ($16) except "How cute!"
18. A jewelry tray ($20) isn't just for jewelry—on my desk, it corrals together lipsticks and SD cards.
19. A sparkly gemstone medallion necklace ($20.50) dresses up simple tees and blouses for at-home holiday fetes.
20. The Face Shop Holiday Beauty Blender Trio ($20) is so cute and pretty, I'm tempted to buy a set for myself.
21. Few things are better on a cold day than a hot bath, especially with a vial of Calm Dead Sea Bath Salts ($20) in tow.
Shop the post
More gift ideas $20 and under