Confession: I love the thrill of a good purchase, and lately I've been shopping. A lot. Since I was stumped about what to post today, I thought I'd share my recent finds in an "awesome stuff I've bought and am really, really loving" edition of Lisa's Most Coveted List. Enjoy!
1. Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Ruban Rose. Curse those Vanessa Paradis ads for capturing how feminine, sophisticated, and romantic the act of putting on lipstick can be. They certainly made me want to check out the new Rouge Coco line. Together with gorgeous blogger Carolina, we paid a visit to the Chanel makeup counter and I walked away with Ruban Rose, a light rosy hue with a slight hint of shimmer. The formula is very moisturizing and feels like you're wearing lip balm, and the colour is light enough to be wearable for everyday and ideally suited to summer.
2. Roots mini cargo in Rustler/flex leather ($98 Cdn). I've been in love with the idea of a pale blue crossbody bag since blogging about one I saw at Coach, but I'm glad I waited until now to get one (and it was on sale!). The leather is soft and supple and the most striking shade of robin's egg blue with a light beige strap. It's the perfect size to tote my essentials as I run errands and wander around the city.
3. Lightweight scarves. Silky and lightweight scarves in different patterns complement my spring trench well, plus they keep me warm on blustery days. I found a gorgeous silk floral number by Oscar de la Renta's diffusion line O at Winners; the polka dot and striped ones are from vintage seller Eclectica Vintage, who was at the craft show Make It! Vancouver.
4. Japanese fashion magazines. I love flipping through Asian fashion magazines for inspiration but am often reluctant to pay $10-20 for a glossy I can't read a word of. Sophia Books, a longstanding Vancouver bookstore specializing in multilingual books and magazines, recently announced it was closing its doors and holding a clearance sale. The news is sad indeed for the city's bookworms, but on the upside, I bought a bunch of discounted magazines and am now making my way through them.
5. Jewelry from local independent artisans and crafters. The sterling silver wishbone earrings are by Pretty Pennie, while the gold bead bracelet is by Lysh&Lo.
Your turn! Have you been craving items similar to the ones I purchased? What have you bought lately that gives you a giddy little thrill? Shameless gloating in the comments is highly encouraged.