Reflecting on my resolutions from last year, I'm happy to report that progress has been made:
- "Be more outgoing and social in introducing myself to coworkers and meeting new people": I think I've done pretty well on this goal, having gone out regularly for after-work drinks and dinner with coworkers and helped promote two pub crawls.
- "Be more diligent about my exercise and eating habits": I still eat way too much sodium and exercise less than I should. Sigh.
- "Save up more money": I opened a savings account and now transfer a set amount from every paycheque into it. It's been very satisfying, knowing that I'm putting money away for short-term goals (travel, my Chanel purse) as well as long-term ones (owning my own home).
- Meet interesting guys: I'd say I've made progress with this one, too. I won't go into too much detail here since it is a public blog, but those near and dear to me know the details in all their layered absurdity.
- I permed my hair for the first time ever.
- I travelled to New York, London, and Paris--3 places I'd never been to before.
- I joined the staff of Stylefinds, which opened up opportunities for me as a fashion blogger and writer; suddenly I was interviewing local designers and covering BC and Vancouver Fashion Week!
- I got hooked on home manicures and pedicures.
- I succumbed to the luxury brand devil and became a devotee of Coach and Chanel.
- I tried a shopping ban for 5 months, and succeeded!
- pursue more opportunities with blogging and writing.
- travel to at least one new place (but this is an ongoing personal resolution).
- go salsa dancing 1-2 times a week.
- incorporate more fruit into my diet.
What are your resolutions for 2009? How did you do with your 2008 resolutions?