- Lover coat
- Gap 1969 jeans
- Joules wellies
My unexpected hiatus from blogging this week came courtesy of the worst bug I've encountered in ages. The past few days have been a blur of nose-blowing; coughing; headaches, chest pains and insomnia brought on by too much coughing; congestion; and all-around misery. Needless to say, it left no time and energy for work or anything else, let alone blogging.
This evil cold did make me count my blessings and take comfort in small things, namely:
- 3-ply tissues--I've gone through two boxes in the last week and counting.
- Halls Vitamin C citrus-flavoured lozenges--hey, if I'm going to be this sick, I deserve my vitamin C in yummy candy form!
- Prescription cough syrup/decongestant and anti-inflammatory meds from my doctor, which finally let me get the rest I needed. (This was after the Benylin that the boy got for me stopped working.)
- Hot tea with lots of honey.
- A boyfriend who will drive to a late-night pharmacy at midnight in the snow to pick up Benylin.
- Finally regaining my voice and losing the sore throat.
Anyway, these photos were taken a couple of weeks ago on a casual Sunday after brunch, before the incessant rain turned into snow. I really wanted to show you the burnt orange cocoon coat I bought at One of a Few during the Gastown Shop Hop, and the Joules wellies the boy bought me for Christmas as a replacement for the Kate Spade ones that cracked.
With snow on the ground and me on the mend from this nasty cold, I doubt that I'll be standing around outside without a coat for outfit photos anytime soon. It's too bad because the light has been gorgeous for the last couple of weeks: no precipitation and clear skies.
P.S. If you haven't entered my Brave belts giveaway yet, do it now!